Thursday, July 11, 2013

CAMT 2013 ~ Day 2

Today was a whirlwind of information! I have learned so much, considered so many ideas, and hope I can recall it all when it comes time to use it in the classroom with students!  I was asked some questions today that really surprised me how much I had to think about them when I felt they really should be easy answers.

What are the goals of teaching geometry?

What is the definition of a problem?

What skills does problem solving require?

Can you make Angry Birds like a math classroom?

How can I use this problem to teach mathematic concepts or skills?

Why cover concepts without giving time for understanding?

These are questions I have formed answers to, but still feel like I need to let them soak in and revisit before moving on.  These will be the topics of future blog posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment